Special thanks to Lady Bunny for this!
FROM ROSEANNE BARR: The Mormon church was the single largest monetary contributor to the VOTE "YES" ON PROPOSITION 8 campaign. The Mormon church gets its money from church-members and its business holdings.
Below is a list of organizations that are either owned by the Mormon church outright; owned, founded or run by Mormons in executive positions (a portion of whose salary is tithed to the church); or in which the church owns a large percentage of stock.
I respectfully ask that you carefully review this list and think twice before you financially empower these companies with your patron dollars.
PLEASE BOYCOTT THE FOLLOWING BUSINESSES AND PEOPLE (IF IT IS A PERSON, DO NOT PURCHASE THEIR PRODUCTS):
- Aaron Eckhart (actor)
- American Express
- Black & Decker
- Central Pacific Bank
- David Archuleta (American Idol, 7th Season)
- Dell Computer
- Gladys Knight (R&B and Gospel Singer)
- Kroger (Ralph's and Albertsons) - This one is no surprise; Kentucky Equality Federation has boycotted Kroger for years!
- Hollywood Entertainment (Hollywood Video)
- Host Marriott (Marriott Hotels & Resorts; this includes Courtyard, Residence Inn, and Fairflied Inn)
- Jet Blue
- JP Realty
- KeyCorp (Key Bank)
- K-Swiss Shoes
- La Quinta Hotels
- Marriott International
- Ryder Systems (Ryder trucks)
- Sky West (airline)
- Zions Bank